Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness

Yesterday I was watching the movie pursuit of happiness..It is such a touching movie from beginning till end.. I was feeling so true about each and every facet of that movie..Well I am not writing the review of this movie..But yes I am just talking about the meaningful title of that movie..

So many times we become so desperate to be happy in life.. But do we really get the kind of happiness we want…!! Happiness can be different for different people and at different moment, I can only repeat the sentences told in the movie “Happiness is something that we can only pursuit, and actually never have it no matter why..!!” Yes most of the time we always chase behind the happiness!! Well I don’t know why :) ??

While watching this movie I was remembering a beautiful line of a poem written by great kannada poet Gopala Krishna Adiga- “ iruvudellava biTTu iradudareDege tuDivude jeevana “ means To leave behind everything we have and long for what we don't, is the life. So true..

In the beginning I told “Do we get the kind of happiness we WANT” Hmmm I think we need to change our expectations or the WANT to be happy.. Well I know which is difficult and it is easy to write over here!!
I don’t know how many people would have written on this..well I am just an other person writing on the same…:) If you also have something on this..please leave your comments :)

9 comments:

  1. In everything we do, if we happily do, we get happiness in what we do...Simple...isn't it? :-)

    "
    Ni janasidha dinavu aluve,
    Ni saayuva dinavu aluve,
    baalavu kelave dinagalalli
    naguvudhu kali ni manave
    "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some how I'm not convinced with this writing of yours. especially when you say 'Do we get the kind of happiness we WANT'. Happiness is state of mind. you cant get it. You have to feel it. You cant chase happiness, it comes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Live' today to the fullest. Tomorrow will come with a smile.

    Good luck for you chase..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about happiness, Well ofcourse I agree with both of you !!different people and different thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First blog where in you addressed an outward topic.., a natural transition demonstrating your broadening views..

    It caught my interest to see a simple looking complicated topic which immediately threw 3 views from 3 people!! Let me not have the 4th one.. but,

    It is a state of mind - for which we pursue between our birth & death. Without which, mankind would have not achieved anything.

    As I had said, it's an aptitude in itself to express ourselves & am happy you are enjoying it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very meaningful movie.. Taking life as it comes and tackling life as u wish it to be is really an art.. and it takes the whole of your life to enrich your life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happinesss is a state of mind. If you crave for physical/commercial/monetary needs, you feel happy for the momemt. But as time passes the happiness quotient reduces to zero in no time.

    If we are always planning for tomorrow or living in the past, we will again miss the happiness for today.

    Happiness for me is living for the moment and looking beyond Physical attributes (this one is generally easier said than done ;) leads us to a "state of mind" called Happiness.

    Cheers
    Prasad

    ReplyDelete