Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frozen Lakes !! crazy people!!


I did hear about the frozen lakes, Frozen falls etc only in news and pictures.. But I had a chance to see that during this winter in Stockholm.. Hmmm are you people thinking what is this she is only writing about cold, freeze, Ice!! Yeah! What to do as long as I am in Stockholm I can only think of these things :)
Yeah I was talking about the frozen lake called "Hellas garden"..., it’s a huge lake where during summer people take peddled boats and enjoy their boat ride with their lovers..and do fishing..But wooow!! this is the peak winter and there is nothing to do with boats or fishing.. its all frozen, the complete lake looks white another wonderful experience we had walking on the frozen lake where people were doing ice skating, cross country skying and kids in a different kind of trolley and parents pulling that... was cute to look at.. all the people there loving these activities that too in -20 degree celsius..
Well I am not writing here to tell about only this but the most interesting part is they have made a swimming hole cut out of ice, Yes SWIMMING hole…and the brave people of Sweden take a swim in that water, Ooops!! can you imagine the weather out is -20 degree and people swimming in that water!! That was the amazing and the crazy thing which made me shiver more wherein I was already shivering wearing almost 4-5 layers of cloths!! Anyway Amazing world and Amazing people is nt it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow...2 days 2 posts...Nice blog, kept it as a suspense till the end as to why you said crazy people in the title...

    innu photos add maadi, swmming maadtha irodhu, skating aadtha irodhu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks harsha :), Yeah but unfortunately I could not take much pics as it was so difficult to remove the gloves in that cold weather, Now I feel I should have taken nice pics :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats inetersting..!! there is no end for new excitements in life as long as you have enthusiasm for new experiences, new people and new places..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More than fun or craziness of the people, when I think about them I'm really amazed. When the lake is water in summer they enjoy! good for them. And when the water is frozen, then too they enjoy! now that is what i call it is "double damaka".


    ಏನೆ ಆದ್ರು enjoy ಮಾಡೊದನ್ನ ಮಾತ್ರ ಬಿಡಲ್ಲ. ಕಲಿಬೇಕು ನಾವು! ಹೇಗೆ ಇರ್ಲಿ, ಎಲ್ಲೆ ಇರ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡೊದನ್ನ ಮಾತ್ರ ಬಿಡ್ಬಾರ್ದು ಅನ್ನಿಸ್ತು ನನ್ಗೆ!

    ReplyDelete