Thursday, February 4, 2010

One ‘Lost’ day in my Life

It was almost 8.30 in the night and we were returning from team outing in a cab filled with around 20 people from the team. All were playing Antakshari and every one were singing songs in their high pitch, But I was the one who was sitting almost silent not interested in anything.. but my eyes were anxiously browsing through all the snaps which are taken on that day in the resort… I was trying to remember each moment happened in the resort by seeing the pictures, But all the time I was miserably failing to identify them and questioning myself.. did I really participated in those activities??!!! I was trying to check with my colleague sangeeta who was sitting beside me.. I don’t know how many times I would have troubled her asking the same question and looking at the Pictures captured in my camera.!! Then my colleague Harsha forcibly snatched the camera from me as I was even troubling him also asking the same question..

I took my mobile to call up home and talk about the weird feeling I was having on that day and suddenly got a shock to see the mobile was showing 2nd January…Oh my god! when did this date come??!!!I quickly turned to confirm from my colleague that is it really 2nd Jan or there is some problem in date setting in the mobile, But she confirmed that it is 2nd jan.. !! I started really feeling bad thinking that I have not wished any one on the new year either to my family members in my home town or my friends.. But she was trying to convince me that I did have a party before night and I have already wished every one…!!

Well this was the situation I was in when I was coming back from Anandadhama, an adventure resort which is located 100Kms towards south of Bangalore on the banks of River Cauvery.

It was 2nd of January 2009 ,all the people from our project planned well ahead and chosen this place to spend an entire day in this resort creatively and each one of us wanted to bring back the memorable moments we have on that day including me..We started our Journey to that place early in the morning at around 8AM and all were ontime and also the cab was ready to take us to Anandadhama.
As soon as we started all were feeling hungry and wanted to have breakfast, We all had nice idlis in one of the Darshini. On the way we started playing dumbsherads enacting movie names..I still remember I enacted “Dubti Huyi Dariayan main Tairti Huyi Laash” It was really a tough one to get each word from the team..But finally I was successful in getting the complete words..and so we played for almost 2 hours until we reach that place..It was real fun :)

After we reached we felt like it is really a wonderful place with small tents and Huts..and water ponds nearby and cute ducks walking around.. every one took out their cameras and started clicking their own shots :) Some people were relaxing on the rope swing.. We were welcomed with cold juice, with a nice breakfast..
One more important thing the resort people did is they took sign on a NOC form to say we are responsible for all the risks we face. Well no one bothered and all signed on that form and gave that back to the organizers from the adventure club.
Initially we started with the first team building game “Balancing on the beams” there was an instructor to tell the game of the rule and we all were trying to walk on the beam, slipping in between again climbing on the beam to complete one round on that..We all had real fun.

Then we all decided we will do a Tarzan Jump..ie, Jumping from a height of around 10-15 feet holding the rope. Well to play in this game there was a test which we have to pass, ie we have a hold the rope and swing farward to touch a rooftop which was around 10 feet high and 3 feet away(Well this is all approximate measurements) All the girls failed in this test..except the only lady Tarzan.. yeah that’s me!! Yes I got through and you should see the happiness in my face.. well all the guys passed and they already started jumping from 10 feet high roof holding the rope to the ground..
My turn came and every one were little scared and curious and also trying to protect incase if I leave the rope in between.. Well I was in full enthu standing on the roof… and was ready to Jump 1..2..3.. some where people were screaming hold the rope tight.. tight… tight….and duuuuuhhhhh!!! No one guessed that as soon as I jump I would leave the rope and fall on the ground…I fell exactly on my forehead..I only remember someone lifted me..Then everything was out of my memory.. !!!!!!!!!!

People never took it seriously as I looked quite ok and started participating in other games, But from then on I started asking the questions regarding each thing happened as I was not able to remember any of the event which I was doing just after few seconds..Scary isn't it..Yes it was indeed…:( well I have played Archary.. went in a boat wearing life jaket, inside the water.. everywhere..but none in my memory.After each game, I use to pick up my camera and see each picture and start asking question..Probably everyone would have got fed up with my questions.. I even denied to get into the water telling I have not bought extra pair of cloths even after showing the other pair of cloths..hmmm!! I can imagine the plight of my friends..

When all these things were happening I was feeling inferior each time when I was failing to remember, Finally I called up home and started crying as I felt something really bad happened to me..Then only people realized that I have really lost my memory..!!!Finally they succeeded to take me to the doctor present inside the resort and he gave a sedative to bring down my anxiety and make my brain calm..by then it was almost evening, and from morning till evening I spent my time almost in subconscious state...yes!!!

Finally I went back home after my husband came and took me. By then the doctors medicine slowly started working..and I was coming back to normal situation..Well all the teammates took back their memorable moments with them from Anandadhama..except me..!!
Now if I see the snaps and all the events people enjoyed I really miss it as that day is completely erased from my memory and it is only the photos which I can see and think of my “One Lost day in my life”

No wonder resort people took sign on NOC, they have to be safe in this kind of situations else they can never run their business..:))
Well I can really feel the pain Sanjay Singhaniya of “Ghajini” (Hindi Movie) had, when he use to forget things and no wonder he etched his enemies name on his body...

5 comments:

  1. I think this is the best of your writing so far. I liked the flow of the writing and the way you have ended it. When I read this I was remembering an english movie. I think its title is 'lost Sunday' or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it was "50 First Dates" and one of my best liked movies :) Thanks for your comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bidi, the "lost" day in your life would be the one of the most memorable day for you in your life time. :-)

    I snatched the camera not because you were troubling me but because you were getting tensed and worried again and again looking at the pictures in the camera and I didn't wanted you to get tensed and worried...

    ReplyDelete
  4. howdu, neevu bidddu video nu upload maadi....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah one of the memorable day of memory loss!!
    I know Harsha, you people were very caring on that day :)

    ReplyDelete