Friday, April 23, 2010

My first Car drive...Alone

It’s been some time since I got my DL but I never got a chance to drive all alone as I was always accompanied by some one or the other screaming drive like that, put break, change gear bla bla..
Finally the day came where I got a chance to drive all alone. Believe me it was really fun!! I decided two days before that I will take car to office on 21st April 2010(No specific reason as such) I had asked my husband to keep the car ready filling the petrol and checking other things. Morning I was bit nervous thinking of driving all alone in Bangalore traffic but I dint wanted to take back my step anyway.

So morning I took the key and then my husband announced that I need to fill the petrol on the way I was little irrigated as I was first of all nervous driving and on top of that I need to go to Petrol bunk and fill the gas and go..Hmm but anyway I took the key and started the car... Brrrrummm… Bruum... and before I leave the clutch and raise the accelerator car stopped, my face turned pale, again tried.. Nooo. finally 3rd time I started without any problem and just went ahead proudly.

In the tension to get the right road along with driving, I dint know how I was changing the gear and putting the accelerator, whoever driving behind me would have definitely be scolding me as I was really driving very bad and I was laughing at myself. I went to petrol bunk and filled the gas and started towards the office luckily no issues in doing this.

Finally I reached office and there comes another issue of parking!! Actually there was lot of space to park, but there was little slope, so when I tried to park, car was coming back, I tried taking reverse..(don’t know how much the gear would have scolded me if it had life :P) finally I left lot of space in between and parked, somehow, immediately security came and asked me to straighten the car little more, I told him this is all I cannot do anything more..I think he understood and he just didn’t say anything. There was another guy waiting for me to park, I don’t know what he was feeling, finally after I parked he filled the gap I left between the cars by parking his car in place properly..
I was excited …. I called and told everyone about my adventure, all my family members were very happy to know that I drove safely,

To my bad luck, that day it was raining so heavily that I could not leave early, finally I started towards my home only to realize that they have closed the normal way due to heavy rainfall.. I was really horrified as I dint know any other way other than that normal route which I usually go. I asked the security, he blabbered something and asked me to take it quickly as traffic was piling up, I started towards the new road, with so many twist and turns in a small and narrow way asking many people on the way…
By then it was totally dark and I was really not able to see the road especially in the university campus, I started thinking why is this so dark!!!...then only I realized in all these tension I totally forgot that I am running the car without head light!!!...then I turned some knob as I never gave concentration, when my husband was telling about all these things..Hmmmm finally by the time I reached home I was totally exhausted, But I was very proud and happy that now I could drive on my own...

Well if you also have something stupid or adventurous while driving share it :)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, the best part was saved till the last...luckily, u realized it even if it was after a while...it happens, happens in the first drive...first drives are usually not meant to be perfect ones...

    Its always so memorable, the first day I went alone in my car was just after 5 days of buying my car and that day, I had to go from Yelahanka to Yeswanthpur and then to Rammurthynagar, to different ends...wow...what a memorable experience was that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harsha for sharing your experience, But now i am much more confident than on that day and I still get to laugh when I read or remember these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving is a skill which improves as you do more and more of it. Happy and safe driving. Most importantly one should enjoy the driving.. so sit back relax and let the hand and peddle do the trick..:)

    ReplyDelete